Our practice offers comprehensive care from infancy to young adulthood. Our services are designed to ensure the healthy development of each child by:
- Screening for health conditions
- Administering immunizations against common illnesses
- Counseling parents on nutrition, safety, and other important topics
- Diagnosing and managing acute and chronic illnesses
- Fluoride varnish for infants and toddlers
- Hearing and audiology evaluations
- Blood draws and laboratory testing
- Well-child check ups
- School, college, sports, and camp physicals
- Ear piercings
- Travel preparations
- Newborn and lactation services
- Adolescent and young adult care
- Allergy and asthma evaluations
- Management of minor trauma and lacerations
- Research projects
Infants & Children
The physicians at Pediatric Associates of Charlottesville have spent many years training to take care of children. With our experience and expertise we can guide you through the complexities of raising healthy children and making recommendations when your child is sick.
Our well check ups begin after your child’s birth and continue through early childhood and adolescence. Included here is a listing of the well check ups. We also have information on our Immunization Schedule in pdf format.
- One – two weeks
- One month
- Two months
- Four months
- Six months
- Nine months
- Twelve months
- Fifteen months
- Eighteen months
- Two years, then yearly
Our Adolescent Center is a comprehensive medical and mental health-care center designed to meet the special needs of teenagers and young adults.
Adolescence is associated with rapid and profound biological and psychological changes. The major emphasis of this health center is crisis prevention by health education and early identification of problems. The approach is based upon the belief that a high quality of life for the adolescent will improve their transition to adulthood. The primary goal of this approach is to provide a suitable and comfortable setting for adolescent and young adult patients.
Involvement of the family is strongly emphasized when appropriate and feasible.